Providing quality services is fundamental to sustainable services and can only be accomplished through continuous problem solving and quality improvement. This section describes approaches and tools that AVSC has developed to improve quality in family planning and reproductive health service delivery.
- Quality Improvement
- What is quality? || Obstacles to quality services
- AVSC's Quality-Improvement Approaches and Tools
- Overview || COPE (client-oriented, provider-efficient services) || Facilitative supervision || Whole-site training and inreach
- Working Papers on Quality Improvement
- Whole-site Training (1998) || Facilitative Supervision (1995)
|| Quality Management for Family Planning Services (1995) || Inreach (1994) || The Experience with COPE in Africa (1992)
For more information on this topic, see the AVSC publications on service management.